14.6.13

My thoughts on "The Wizards Return" and Selena Gomez

When I first heard that the cast of Wizards of Waverly Place was returning to make a TV special, I was skeptical.  I was also disappointed when I heard Justin (David Henrie) wasn't going to be in it.
I just watched it, and I gotta say that I appreciate them making a proper ending to the story.  (Although the plot of this special was predicting and the special effects were, as usual, very cheap)  I was also quite surprised to see the guy from Awkward (Beau Mirchoff) make a guest appearance.

I have been a fan of Selena Gomez ever since I bought the boxset of season 1 (I didn't watch it on Disney Channel) and her sarcastic acting side that has made Alex (the main character) what she is today.  To be honest, I wouldn't have minded seeing a fifth season of Alex going off to college, finding a job, etc.   I am looking forward to seeing her in Spring Breakers; I wonder how her acting is in a non-Disney film.

One thing I didn't understand is why a laugh track was included.  It just doesn't make sense in some scenes, especially some "action scenes".   The special would have been a lot better had they either made the fake fighting look better or removed it altogether

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment!

ps. No spam please and thank you